File a Complaint of Police Misconduct

Please note

We are sorry that you had a negative interaction with the San José Police Department. You can view a full summary of the complaint process in EnglishSpanish, or Vietnamese. Please complete and submit this form only for complaints of misconduct involving San José Police Officers. A staff member from the IPA office will contact you if we have any questions. Internal Affairs may also contact you for additional details.

You may file an anonymous complaint.  If you wish to remain anonymous, do not provide information about your name, your address, your phone number, or your email. If you want to be anonymous, your complaint will be investigated to the extent that sufficient information is provided.

The misconduct complaint process is separate and distinct from the criminal process. If you have criminal charges pending the IPA recommends you consult with an attorney before giving the IPA a statement related to your pending criminal case.

About My90

My90 uses accessible technology to give the public a safe and anonymous way to provide feedback about their encounters with the police, neighborhood safety, and more. Feedback that community members send to My90 is aggregated and made available directly to the Independent Police Auditor to help make evidence-based, community-centered policy decisions.